SANTA CLARA, Calif. (PRWEB) November 23, 2021
VPLS, a cloud-to-edge computing and solutions provider, today announces its acquisition of a data center located in Santa Clara, California. The renamed “SV3” is a 30,000 square feet facility with 3 MW of power, 24/7/365 security staff, and cross-connects to major Bay Area network carriers. The SV3 data center currently has 1.5 MW of available capacity for colocation customers seeking reliable connectivity and uptime along with direct access to over 20 native carriers.
“We are excited to continue the expansion of our global network with the addition of a data center strategically located in the heart of Silicon Valley,” states Jay Smith, Vice President and General Managers, Data Centers at VPLS. “This latest investment in one of the most supply-constrained West Coast markets further solidifies VPLS’s commitment to invest in key markets where customers need us most.”
Santa Clara, CA (SV3) Data Center Highlights
- 30,000 square feet of usable space for locking cabinets and private cages
- Redundant power N+1 Electrical and Mechanical infrastructure
- Rigorous security protocols, including 24/7 on-site staff and biometric access
- Network density with connections to over 20 native fiber providers and carriers with direct fiber links to EQX, CoreSite, DRT, and other data centers
- Adjacent to the largest substation owned and operated by Silicon Valley Power (SVP), resulting in lower utility rates and highly available power grid
- Direct fiber on-ramp to major public clouds including AWS, Azure, Oracle, GCP, Alibaba, Salesforce, IBM, and Tencent
- Formerly known as Layer 42/Wave Broadband data center
“We would like to welcome our new clients to VPLS and look forward in partnering with them. The West Coast and, specifically, Silicon Valley, are an important interconnected access point both for VPLS and our customers,” adds Arman Khalili, CEO of VPLS.
Jim Holanda, CEO of Wave Broadband, states, “We think this is in the best interest for our dedicated colocation customers in the Santa Clara facility and will provide them with additional product and facility options related to colocation.”
VPLS’s global network consists of over 18 facilities across more than 10 countries and three continents. Including this new Santa Clara data center and the recently expanded San Jose, CA site, VPLS’s network can support more than 2 MW of IT capacity.
VPLS is your trusted global provider for cloud-to-edge computing and technology services. For more information, please visit http://www.vpls.com.
About Wave Broadband
RCN Telecom Services, LLC (http://www.rcn.com/business), Grande Communications (http://www.mygrande.com/business) and Wave Broadband (http://www.wavebusiness.com) operate as a single business solutions organization to deliver competitive, mission-critical fiber infrastructure solutions in more than twenty metro areas across the United States. The group provides industry-leading high-speed internet, voice, and connectivity services to businesses of all sizes – all delivered through our wholly-owned, state-of-the-art, fiber-rich network. RCN, Grande, and Wave serve areas of and California, DC, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Washington.
Share article on social media or email: